Roaring Spring Paper Products
Our mission is to commit to quality, integrity, customer service, and business ethics in order to insure our customers always get the very best by staying ahead of industry trends with the goal of creating winning relationships with our ever increasing customer base.
In 1887 Daniel M. Bare founded the Roaring Spring Blank Book Company to produce ledgers, journals, etc., hence the name 'Blank Book'. Today the company has grown from a 20 person operation in a small two story brick building to over 250 employees in 400,000 square foot of modern manufacturing and distribution facilities that produce a variety of school and office paper products.
The earliest company history dates back to September 2nd 1886, when the Martinsburg Herald announced that "work had begun on building the new Blank Book Factory in Roaring Spring. A frame building 100 feet square." Funding for the building was provided by Mr. Bare, who also helped found the local paper mill. Production began in 1887 using paper from the mill. But a fire in the next door blacksmith shop spread to the plant, destroying both. The following year, a new structure was erected and production resumed. Under the direction of plant manager, Dr. A. L. Garver. Success came quickly for the young company. By the early 1900's the plant had grown to 50,000 square feet.
The company underwent major expansions in the 1920's, 1960's, and 1990's adding additional floor and warehouse space in Roaring Spring and Martinsburg.
Roaring Spring Blank Book is now one of the largest independently owned producers of school and office supplies. Special high speed equipment not only produces notebooks, pads, and tablets, but construction paper, poster board, and pocket folders. Complimenting the production equipment is an in-house printing operation that provides fast service and assures consistent quality for the numerous direct order print jobs received from private customers such as colleges and universities.
Through five generations and more than 100 years Roaring Spring Blank Book Company has grown from a hand-full of customers to thousands of accounts nationwide. Never the less, the company has not lost sight of founder D.M. Bare's original commitments to quality products and community involvement.
Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
We recognize that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our stakeholders which include customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers, the community adn the environment. We shall:
- Conduct business in a socially responsible and ethical manner;
- Protect the enviroment and safety of people
- Support human rights, which includes promoting diversity in a harassment free workplace; and
- Respect and support the communities in which we work.
The VP of Manufacturing is responsible for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realize our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for our performance on this policy rests with all employees.
Our corporate social responsibility focus:
-We shall ensure a high level of business performance while minimizing and effectively managing risk ensuring that we uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our relationships with all of our stakeholders.
- We shall encourage suppliers and contractors to adopt responsible business policies and practices
- We will record and rsolve customer complaints in accordance with our standards of service.
- We shall support and encourage our employees to help local community organizations and activities in our region.
- We shall adhere to the principles of our Equal Employment Opportunity /Affirmative Action policy for all present and potential future employees and will offer our employees clear and fair terms of employment.
- We shall provide a clean, healthy and safe working enviroment.
- We shall develop Environmental policies and objectives as part of the busniess planning cycle.