August 18, 2014
Set yourself up for success before the semester even begins! Here are five tips to help prepare you for the start of the school year.
1. Invest in a planner. The first couple weeks of the semester are always a whirlwind of information. Make sure to jot down assignments, meetings and exam dates in your planner. After all, there’s nothing worse then waking up in the middle of the night and remembering you have a big exam the next day.
2. Memorize your syllabi. Syllabus week might be one of the least stressful weeks of college, but that doesn’t mean that it’s a good time to zone out. Reading over your syllabi often gives you an idea of how much work you will need to put into a class and will help you plan your weekly schedule.
3. Color-code everything. When you’re out shopping for school supplies, make one subject all one color. This way you won’t be walking out the door at 8 a.m. with the wrong notebook. You will also have all of your notes separated and organized, so you will never have to search for those lecture notes from two weeks ago. Our Genesis Shades notebooks make this even easier.
4. Find a study spot before classes start. Whether it’s the library, your favorite coffee house or the student center, make it your new study spot. But make sure to find a place where you won’t get distracted and know you’ll be productive in.
5. Think realistically. Most people go into the semester ready to succeed and conquer it, but don’t over-commit and over-schedule yourself. Be honest about how much you are able to get done in a day. If you over-commit, you will get in way over your head.
Best of luck. Here’s to a great semester!« View all Blog entries